TORONTO, Ontario — October 24, 2017 — Postmedia Network Inc. today announced the launch of all new apps and websites for the Ottawa SUN, Toronto SUN, Winnipeg SUN, Calgary SUN and Edmonton SUN. This launch features new responsive apps and websites for the desktop, tablet, and mobile platforms enhancing the digital experience for readers.
“We’re focusing on what our readers love most about their SUN brands – great sports, opinion and local news – while leveraging technologies to enhance the overall user experience and celebrating the strong relationship we have with our loyal audiences,” said James Wallace, Vice President Editorial, SUN. “Another exciting feature is the reintroduction of commenting allowing for robust dialogue and greater sharing options.”
User features of the new SUN digital product suite include:
- Sticky header for ease of navigation on all devices.
- Carousel slider for a one-stop-view and recap of local sports teams, final scores and highlights with no redirects and no new page loads.
- Engaging visual experience with images and videos at the forefront.
- A new longform story template with rich media features and easier sharing options.
- The return of commenting.
Advertiser benefits of the new SUN digital product suite include:
- Consistent ad sizes and visibility across all devices for improved audience engagement.
- Contextual ads for higher click through rates.
- Sticky ads for increased visibility.
A marketing campaign supporting the new SUN apps and websites was created in house by the Postmedia marketing team and launches October 25, 2017.