Realtor.com update introduces ‘Sign Snap’ which allows home buyers to use their iPhone to take a picture of the realtor’s sign outside a home for sale to get the listing details
The last iPhone launch event was held on Wednesday, September 7, so if history is to repeat itself we are looking at a September 6 date for the next one. Of course, I always thought Apple like Tuesday events so maybe the 12th will prove a better date — and, besides, that gives them an extra week.
Why mention this? Because with media app updates slowing to a crawl, the president on vacation (no doubt he’ll be back in time to tweet live from the event), there is finally a real feeling that we may be in the dog days of summer at last. We just need the NYT and WaPo to not drop any bombshells this afternoon.
Here is what may be of interest in your iTunes program today:
Mag+: The Mag+ Designd Reviewer app has received a bug fix update. This is the app used to preview new digital editions. There is also added support to share URL. The other main app, Semble, which is for designing mobile apps, was updated last on July 31 to fix bugs.
Here is the basic info:
• Find your next read faster with Quick Search
• You can now rate and review books directly from the Product Details page
• Improved text, brightness and theme controls in Reader
• Improvements to profile functionality
• Shelves have been updated to support 1000 items per shelf
• Tons of under-the-hood performance tweaks and bug fixes
CBS News: The update is for “performance optimization” — which is the same thing the May update said.
Move, Inc.: The Realtor.com app has added a cool new feature. Now you can take a picture of the realtor sign to get the listing details of the home for sale. That is pretty cool, but I assume only works if the realtor is cooperating.
Just a reminder that Move Inc. is now part of News Corp, having been acquired in 2014. Since then it has been one of the units of the company that has consistently show revenue growth.
Here is the app description for the update:
Realtor.com introduces Sign Snap, the newest image recognition feature to help you find your dream home!
• Sign Snap – Use image recognition to instantly see listing details and photos just by taking a picture of a real estate sign with your iPhone!