Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau looking for publishing partner
The contract to publish all GMCVB publications will be for a period of four years, with an option to renew for another one year
MIAMI, Florida – September 13, 2016 – The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB), the official sales and marketing organization promoting Miami and The Beaches as a premier tourism destination, embarked on a search to identify a primary publishing partner to support the GMCVB’s publishing program.
The GMCVB seeks a publishing partner to assist with the development of the following publications including:
- The Greater Miami and the Beaches Vacation Planner:Mailed out in response to targeted national and international advertising
- The Greater Miami and the Beaches Visitors Guide:Produced as an in-room publication for hotel guests
- The Greater Miami and the Beaches Pocket Guide andThe Greater Miami and the Beaches Family Guide: Distributed to local visitors through hotel concierge desks, visitor centers and meeting and convention delegates
- The Greater Miami and the Beaches Travel Planner:Targeted to tour operators and wholesalers
- The Greater Miami and the Beaches Meeting Planner:Provided to meeting, association and convention planners, as well as the corporate and incentive market
- For samples of current publications visit http://miamiandbeaches.com/plan-your-trip/miami-guides
The publications must be high-quality and present comprehensive information on attractions, accommodations, restaurants and travel-related services that give Greater Miami and the Beaches its appeal as a vacation destination. Each publication should be tailored to its respective audience: visitors, travel trade professionals and meeting and convention planners.
Full details of the scope of the publishing partner are outlined in the RFP; key expectation highlights include the ability to assist the GMCVB with the following:
- Providing the minimum number of physical publication copies
- Local distribution of all publications
- Advertising sales
- All aspects of production
- Must provide a comprehensive publications production schedule two (2) months in advance of each publication
- Must guarantee that all display advertising are for businesses operated within Miami-Dade County, with the exception of national companies that operate only franchises within the state or companies that service visitors in Miami-Dade County.
The GMCVB encourages the proposal of additional marketing programs and suggestions for changes in an effort to increase the scope of the publishing program.
The contract to publish all publications will be administered by the GMCVB. The contract will be for a period of four (4) years, with an option to renew for another one (1) year.
Since the launch of its most recent marketing campaign – It’s So Miami – the destination has seen tremendous growth in both leisure and business travel and tourism, welcoming record breaking numbers of visitors, year over year. With over 15.1 million overnight visitors last year, the marketing program plays an integral role in further accelerating Greater Miami and The Beaches’ growth as a year-round international travel destination.
“Our team and agency partners continue to work together to contribute to record-breaking travel and tourism numbers,” says President & CEO William D. Talbert, III, CDME. “The evolution of Miami continues and our partners help bring the destination and our extensive offerings to life.”
To download the Request for Proposal details, and for more information visitwww.GMCVBRFP.com.