Apple releases iOS 10 to users, Apple News changes detailed
Well, here it is, the Apple iOS 10 update, available through iTunes when plugged in, or over the air.
The update has an extensive list of new features and changes, including a whole list of changes for Apple News (see below).
As is usually the case, not every iOS owner may see the update come through at the same time, so be patient. Also, it is always a good idea to sync your phone to back it up before doing any update. I also recommend a hardwiring of the phone, though a recent update I tried to install would not install properly plugged into my Mac and I had to do the update over the air (keep this in mind should you run into problems).
If this post goes live without mentioning any warnings that means that my own download and install went fine.
Also released today was an update for iTunes, bring it up to version 12.5.1. It includes a new design for Apple Music (I subscribe to Spotify, so can’t comment on the new look), as well as support for iOS 10. If updating through your Mac it might be a good idea to update iTunes first, then your device.
MacOS Sierra is due out one week from today.
Here are the changes for Apple News found inside the iOS 10 update description – and if you use the app, don’t forget that both TNM and PoliMedia.press can be found inside:
- An all-new design in For You adds bold typography, vibrant color, and distinct sections that make it easier to find stories on specific topics
- Find the most popular stories right now within Trending Stories—selected based on what others are reading
- See all of your stories grouped into easy-to-understand sections on the topics you follow or read
- Discover the best and most interesting stories of the week within Featured Stories—selected by our editors
- Share stories more easily—just tap the icon on any story to send it to a friend right from For You
- Receive breaking news notifications from some of your most trusted sources
- Subscribe to your favorite magazines and newspapers directly in News
- New personalized Today View widget lets you keep up with the latest stories throughout the day