Adobe releases bug fix update for the Digital Publishing Solution
The digital publishing software company Adobe today released a major bug fix update for the Adobe Digital Publishing Solution. The update number is 2015.3, and the long list of bug fixes can be found on the support page here.
This is not a new release of the Digital Publishing Suite remains in version 32 and was last updated on July 24, 2015.
Here is part of the release notes which includes iOS. For the full notes, which includes fixes for Android and Windows, refer to the support page linked above.
Bugs fixed in 2015.3 release (August 25, 2015)
These performance enhancements and bug fixes are included in the DPS 2015.3 release. Rebuild your app to take advantage of these improvements.
Viewer performance improvements in August releases
- Performance improvements for first launch of apps on all platforms. In tests, iOS apps load approximately 40% faster, Android apps load more than 40% faster, and Windows apps load 45% faster than the July beta apps.
- Performance improvements for article downloads. In tests, articles download approximately 30% faster in iOS apps, 45% faster in Android apps, and 30% faster in Windows apps compared to the July beta apps.
- Performance for gestures such as swiping between articles is now much smoother on all platforms.
- The viewer teams continue to work on improving the speed and performance of apps on all platforms.
DPS 2015 Portal and Services bug fixes
- Fixed an issue in which edited images that had the same resolution as the original image were not being upload unless metadata was edited. (4032695)
- When filtering content by keyword, certain keywords could not be found if the keywords were created with commas followed by spaces. (4017694)
- The “Upload Failure” dialog box is now displayed properly. (4022622)
- An error occurred when selecting or deselecting a collection that contains a collection, and the child collection also contains the parent collection. (4024329)
- Content and collection images are no longer upsampled in DPS 2015 Portal. (4024372)
iOS viewer bug fixes
- Tapping a navto link on page 2 or higher in an article, then tapping the Return back button now behaves properly, jumping to the previous reading position instead of to page 1. (4037216)
- The app menu now updates when a new collection is available instead of waiting until the user swipes to another view. (4033406)
- Tapping a navto link to an article not in the same collection now works for collections set to either Browse Page or Content View. (4031976)
- During first launch, when Viewer could not retrieve Configuration info, the error message now provides better feedback. (4031956)
- Zoom out of pan & zoom overlay in article no longer exits the article. (4031864)
- Videos in MSO states can now play after first video is played. (4031079)
- Scrollable frames no longer require an initial tap to activate them, resulting in improved behavior. (4031074)
- When “Remember reading position” is enabled, tapping the back button no longer jumps to the wrong page. (4031061)
- If the app is launched the first time when Internet is not available, the app behavior is improved. (4030471)
- Tapping on a full screen video that has “Do Not Allow Pause” enabled now shows the navigation bars in DPS 2015 apps as it does in DPS apps.
- Fixed an issue in which the branding image failed to appear in apps. (4028060)
- Fixed an issue with Web views not displaying in the right orientation when a banner is tapped. (4027206)
- When an inline video with no controller is paused, the white play button now appears over the video in DPS 2015 as it does in DPS. (4026609)
- Scrolling through a browse page with a lot of cards is now smoother. (4018937)
- Fixed behavior of a card appearing improperly as when performing certain gestures. (4013016)
- Fixed an issue in which users were unable to swipe to change articles after swiping on a scrollable frame. (4012244)
- Fixed scrollable frame issues in which it sometimes required two swipes to scroll a scrollable frame, and at times, swiping a scrollable page scrolls both the page and overlay at the same time. (4010155)
- After tapping the Back button or navto link on a page with overlays playing, the overlay reset no longer occurs just before the article is out of view. (4006394)
- On iPad, pinching out on a zoomed in pan & zoom overlay will pinch out the entire article view back up to the parent, rather than zooming out of only the overlay. (4005572)
- Bezel swipe now returns to the previous article from which they tapped a navto button. (3992796)
- Auto-playing overlays no longer pause during playback when the parent article is brought into view via a navto link. (3968274)