Kevin Iredell joins Greentarget Global Group as Director of Research
Iredell has been leading the research business at American Lawyer Media for the past 7 years
New York, NY – July 7, 2015 — Greentarget Global Group LLC, a strategic, B2B-focused public relations firm with offices in Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, London and San Francisco, today announced that Kevin Iredell has joined the firm as Director of Research.
Iredell, an accomplished research and marketing professional with 20 years of experience in the legal and professional services markets, has led the research business at American Lawyer Media for the past seven years, growing it from a nascent startup to a competitive-intelligence powerhouse that serves the world’s largest law firms.
Iredell’s arrival to Greentarget will expand the firm’s existing research capabilities in the following ways:
- Iredell will create a full-service offering that encompasses both quantitative and qualitative research.
- He will lead baseline brand and perception audits to inform and guide strategic communications programs with measurable impact.
- He will leverage focus groups and stakeholder interviews to uncover qualitative perspectives and insights.
- He will build market intelligence capabilities to shape communications strategies and fuel owned content channels.
- His work will complement the firm’s earned media and content offerings, allowing it to create powerful thought-leadership campaigns that can be leveraged to drive traditional media coverage.
Greentarget’s investment in this capability is being driven by the following trends:
- The desire among businesses today, particularly financial and professional services firms, for research-based perspective that adds a unique voice to existing conversations.
- The challenge of reaching stakeholders with an impactful message in an era of information overload.
- The explosion of survey technologies that create a noisy environment and lead to survey fatigue among respondents.
- The need for organizations to truly understand and empathize with the audiences they’re trying to influence.
Quotes from Greentarget Principals
John Corey, President and Founding Partner of Greentarget:
Kevin Iredell, Director of Research, Greentarget:
Aaron Schoenherr, Founding Partner, Greentarget:
Connecting the Dots: Earned, Owned and Shared
Iredell’s arrival follows significant investments in Greentarget’s Content & Publishing practice, launched in January of 2014. While earned media remains at the core of the firm’s practice, research-based thought leadership serves as the strategic backbone of several Greentarget campaigns. Because the firm’s clients increasingly publish their own content via blogs, microsites, third-party editorial and other channels, Greentarget’s editorial practice features award-winning journalists who develop high-quality content to fuel those channels.
About Kevin Iredell
Prior to leading the research business at American Lawyer Media for the past 7 years, Kevin served as the Vice President of Marketing for ALM where he led the research, marketing and event business for award-winning brands including The American Lawyer, Corporate Counsel, The National Law Journal and The New York Law Journal.
Iredell joined ALM in 2006 as director of marketing for its national publications where he led the transformation of the marketing team from an internal unit to a client-focused service provider. In 2009 he was promoted to head the company’s Research business unit.
Prior to joining ALM, Iredell spent five years at LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell in a variety of research, marketing and product development positions, delivering traditional advertising services and digital client-development products to the legal market.
Kevin is fluent in Mandarin Chinese and spent 2005 in Beijing China, developing the first-ever lawyers directory in the Peoples Republic of China. He also held previous positions in marketing and market research at Lucent Technologies and The Hertz Corporation.
Kevin is a frequent speaker on topics including research, marketing, branding and law firm economics. He received his bachelor’s degree in economics from Villanova University with minors in both Chinese and Geography.
Kevin resides in New Jersey with his wife and two daughters and enjoys fishing and spending time with his family.