NYT Now app updated to add Handoff support, snippet sharing
The app, which went free in May, is getting mostly positive reviews inside of iTunes from users
The New York Times updated it NYT Now iPhone app to add new features and make bug fix changes. The app, introduced with much fanfare in March of last year, never really caught on and so the developers made the app go free with an update in early May.
The app remains sponsored by Delta Airlines.
Here is the app description for the update:
What’s New in Version 2.0.2
– Snippets: Share snippets of New York Times articles by selecting text within the article
– Handoff Support: Continue reading stories on your Mac or other iOS devices
– Reduces the amount of space the app uses on the iPhone
– Improves scrolling performance
– Makes visual tweaks to the feed and share cards
– Fixes an issue where in certain cases swiping on an alert would not open an article
– Fixes an issue where readers were unable to save to Safari Reading List