Rodale launches new lifestyle title: Rodale’s Organic Life
The new title is relaunch of Rodale’s magazine Organic Gardening, but with the addition of new content areas including food, home and well-being
NEW YORK, and EMMAUS, Pa. – April 13, 2015 — Rodale Inc., the world’s leading healthy lifestyle media company, today announced the launch of Rodale’s Organic Life, a stylish guide for living naturally in the modern world. The May/June 2015 issue, on newsstands beginning tomorrow, is a relaunch of the company’s flagship brand, Organic Gardening, and will offer a fresh spin on food, garden, home, and wellbeing.
“The organic movement has come a long way since 1942 when my grandfather, J.I. Rodale, first recognized the connection between healthy soil, healthy food and healthy people,” explains Rodale Inc. Chairman and CEO, Maria Rodale, who will pen a regular column in the bimonthly publication. “Organic has become a lifestyle and a set of values, not just a way to grow food, and I am so excited for readers to be able to experience that on every page of this new magazine.”
“What you’ll find is a beautiful, fun, and empowering brand for people who strive to live well, consume responsibly, and embrace everyday life with mindfulness and gusto,” says Editor-in-Chief, James Oseland. “We’re not preaching a hard-and-fast set of rules of what is or isn’t ‘organic;’ we are celebrating the shared belief of a wide and fast-growing audience that we are put on earth to constantly strive to be better—spiritually, physically, intellectually and emotionally.”
Highlights from the premier issue include:
- Flower Power: An in-depth look at the sustainable flower movement with beautiful spring bouquets raised in ways that support a healthy ecosystem.
- Walkabout: An expansive feature that explores the art, history, and science of walking, including a list of 10 of the world’s greatest walks, a smart walker’s gear guide, and a diagram to help you find the best shoe for your walk.
- Salmon Bay: A first-person account of the yearly journey to catch wild sockeye salmon in Bristol Bay, Alaska, also featuring a buyer’s guide to sustainable salmon; inspiring, delicious salmon recipes for Spring; and six easy sauces perfect for salmon.
- Let There Be Light: A visual collection of dwelling places around the world, showing readers how to bring more natural light into their living space.
- Mixed Greens: A comprehensive guide to the today’s best homegrown lettuces, with accompanying photographs, strategies for planting and growing, and recipe recommendations.
Each issue will also feature columns from Carla Hall, Margaret Roach, and Dara Moskowitz Grumdahl, as well as Almanac, a special section printed on newsprint and featuring how-tos, tips, and discoveries related to the issue’s stories.
Among a distinguished group of experts who will work closely with the editorial staff and contribute to the magazine are Mario Batali, Clodagh, Tom Colicchio, Dennis Kucinich, Deborah Madison, Frances Mayes, Bill McKibben, Marion Nestle, Eric Schlosser, and Alice Waters.
“Rodale has been helping people understand the benefits of healthy living for more than 70 years,” said Scott Schulman, President of the family-owned company. “With this launch, we are able to further that mission and serve consumers and advertisers in one of the most important and fastest growing market segments.”
The 160-page premier issue features 64 advertisers, including Athleta, Bosch Home Appliances, Burt’s Bees, Chipotle, Garden of Life, Honest Tea, Nature’s Path, Silk, Subaru, Wild Planet, and Whole Foods Market.
“Rodale’s Organic Life is in the right place at the right time,” said Ellen Carucci, Publisher of the new brand. “We’ve attracted an impressive number of advertisers across a broad array of categories, all looking to connect with the passionately engaged, active consumers who will be reading this magazine.”
Beginning with the May/June 2015 issue, the magazine will be published six times a year with an initial rate base of 300,000 and a cover price of $4.99.
The brand’s website, RodalesOrganicLife.com, will offer original content, updated daily. Exclusive stories now available online include The Zero Waste Kitchen, Indoor Herbs: A Growing Guide, Airport Yoga Studios, and 10 Simply Lovely Natural Wines.