Barnes & Noble releases update for the NOOK reader iOS app
The iOS NOOK app has been updated, its first since the release of iOS 8. The app is now at version 4.0.0.
Barnes & Noble will be spinning off NOOK at some point next year, though there has been very little news on this other than the mention of it in the latest earnings report. NOOK sales took an awful dive this year, with revenue falling over 40 percent to $64 million the latest quarter.
One advantage of a spin off of NOOK might be a greater concentration on their apps. The only other update the NOOK app has had this year came in January, after five updates were issued in 2013.
What’s New in Version 4.0.0
– Added support for iOS 8, iPhone 6 and 6+, iPad mini 3 and iPad Air 2: Use Apple’s latest and greatest
– Explore the App: Test drive the app even before you sign in, includes three free books and three free magazine issues
– My Stacks: Organize your library as you wish by creating stacks of eBooks, magazines and your own files
– Sample Search: Search our eBook catalog and read free samples
– Enhanced library UI and faster performance
– Full screen magazines and PDF
– Refresh: Pull down to synchronize your library
– Notifications: Get informed when new books and magazines arrive
– Shake to send feedback: Shake your device from any screen to automatically take a screenshot and open a feedback form
– Log out on launch: iOS setting that enables you to start the app fresh without uninstalling
– Bug fixes