Marsh & McLennan partners with Atlantic Media Strategies on launch of BRINK
New digital news hub is aimed at global business leaders, policy-makers, and journalists
NEW YORK, NY – November 11, 2014 — BRINK, a new digital news hub that informs global business leaders, policy-makers, and journalists by providing actionable insights and ideas about current and emerging risks, launched today.
BRINK is made possible by Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. (NYSE:MMC) and produced in collaboration with Atlantic Media Strategies (a division of The Atlantic magazine). BRINK features original analysis and commentary from trusted risk experts on the increasingly interconnected global issues of risk, growth, and innovation.
“BRINK is a key source of global risk insights and perspectives for senior executives, analysts, policy-makers, and journalists across five core issues: economy, environment, geopolitics, society, and technology. BRINK provides thought-provoking, timely ‘on the news’ articles that can impact business decisions as executives navigate the nuances of current and emerging political, business, and economic issues,” said BRINK Executive Editor Brock N Meeks.
BRINK’s inaugural content includes contributions from security intelligence researcher William Hagestad II on China’s cyber security strategy, former FBI Deputy Director Shawn Henry on proactive cyber security measures for companies, and public health professor Philip Alcabes on border control in the wake of Ebola.
For global C-suite executives, policy-makers, and journalists, BRINK:
- Provides a forward-looking lens on emerging risk issues, growth analysis, and innovation strategies.
- Highlights emerging risk issues across industries, societies, and economies.
- Spotlights contemporary risk strategies and processes that address today’s increasingly interconnected risks.
- Focuses on critical leadership topics, including Economy, Environment, Geopolitics, Society, and Technology.
- Identifies opportunities and critical trends driving today’s global workforce, including health, wealth and retirement.
- Features viewpoints from a range of established risk experts and leading innovators.
- Spotlights insights and original work across Marsh & McLennan Companies, including Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman.
“Marsh & McLennan is uniquely positioned to engage and inform senior executives on emerging risk topics because of our deep industry and subject matter expertise, the broad range of clients we advise, and our central role in the risk transfer market,” said John Drzik, President of Global Risk and Specialties at Marsh, and Chairman of the Marsh & McLennan Companies’ Global Risk Center.
In addition to expert-authored articles, BRINK will deliver video, data-driven graphics, and other multimedia — including an infographic about global efforts to balance energy, security, equity, and sustainability.
BRINK is a resource of Marsh & McLennan’s Global Risk Center, which is led by Executive Director Alex Wittenberg, and is dedicated to assisting decision-makers address complex emerging risks through analytics, research, and thought leadership. “BRINK provides leaders the ability to learn, explore, and share the most current perspectives on risk, growth, and innovation in a single destination,” he said.