Adobe releases new EchoSign e-signature app for Salesforce customers
San Jose, Calif. — Oct. 8, 2014 — Adobe announced the latest version of EchoSign for Salesforce, bringing more best-in-class e-signature and document workflow automation capabilities to Salesforce customers and Salesforce1 Mobile app users. As the highest-rated e-signature app on Salesforce’s AppExchange since 2006, Adobe EchoSign boosts sales productivity, improves legal compliance and can be deployed in minutes.
“The new release of Adobe EchoSign for Salesforce delivers a native, mobile centric application for Salesforce.com that will lower administration costs, help ensure better data consistency and drive better alignment with critical business workflows,” said Jon Perera, vice president, EchoSign at Adobe. “The end result is an intuitive e-signing experience that enables sales professionals to get agreements signed five times faster than with wet signatures, from any device.”
As the number of mobile devices worldwide expands to more than 7 billion, businesses must find secure and effective ways to empower an increasingly mobile-dependent workforce and client base. Starting today, EchoSign customers who use the new Adobe EchoSign for Salesforce app will benefit from a tighter integration with Salesforce1 for seamless mobile e-signing, added document management and business process capabilities. Adobe will showcase the new app at Salesforce Dreamforce from October 13 – 16, Booth N1935. This new app is critical for businesses looking to:
Boost sales productivity:
- On-site signing – Close deals faster by easily obtaining signatures in-person from customers on any iOS or Android device.
- Mobile process management – Easily track and make real-time changes and updates to your sales contract process anytime, from any device. No waiting until you’re back in the office.
- Batch signature transactions – Eliminate the need for repetitive manual processes and likelihood of errors by automating the process of sending and getting signatures on large batches of documents.
Improve business policy compliance:
- Mobile authentication – Get higher signature assurance and enhanced security for your important contracts by requiring two-factor mobile authentication and customizable identity verification for signers.
- Standardized forms and templates – Ensure accuracy of your contracts with the most up-to-date information from Salesforce and consistent information collected during signing to match your organizational process. All without any custom coding or development.
Rapidly deploy powerful e-signature and document automation capabilities:
- Global language support – Work and close deals in any native Salesforce-supported language based on the individual language preferences of users in a company’s global workforce.
- Simplified user experience – Work completely natively within the new Salesforce1 user interface. Sales teams do not have to learn a new application or leave the Salesforce environment to harness the power of electronic signatures.
“Companies are looking to transform the way they connect with customers, partners and employees to thrive in today’s connected world,” said Neeracha Taychakhoonavudh, senior vice president, partner programs, Salesforce.com. “By leveraging the power of the Salesforce1 Platform, EchoSign provides customers with the proven social, mobile and connected cloud technologies to accelerate business success with e-signatures.”
“Salespeople have enough to do, learning new apps should not be one of them. The Adobe EchoSign integration with Salesforce1 is seamless and will make closing deals even easier,” said Mark Nishihara, contracts project manager, TiVo.
Pricing and Availability
EchoSign for Salesforce is available with the EchoSign Global Plan. For more information on plans and features, visit https://www.echosign.adobe.com/en/products/echosign-salesforce.html.