Issuu releases new app for Windows 8.1
PALO ALTO, Calif. – June 5, 2014 — Issuu, the world’s fastest growing digital publishing and content discovery platform, today announced the release of a new app for Windows 8.1, as it continues to rollout new mobile experiences.
Purpose built for the next generation of Windows devices, Issuu leverages Microsoft’s rich native interactions to deliver an elegant user experience.
Leveraging Microsoft’s semantic zoom and side scrolling interface, Issuu has created an intuitive and engaging way to explore its vast library of visually rich publications.
Issuu’s Discovery Engine™ learns from individual reading behaviors and provides a personalized and continuous stream of new, relevant and interesting magazine content to browse. A user can follow their own path of discovery, taking a deep dive into content from both niche and popular magazines from around the world.
Key features include:
- Access and explore over 16 million publications for free on your Surface or other Windows 8.1 device
- Available in 30 languages around the world.
- Personalized magazine feed that features recommended content as well as content from publishers or brands that users select to follow.
- Users can “stack” collections of their favorite magazines and create a seamless reading experience across all their devices.
- Ability to share favorite magazines on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and other social media sites.
Upon downloading the new Windows 8.1 app, users can enjoy unlimited access to magazines, catalogs and more – from NYT Style to Everyday Food to Red Bulletin and American Craft – at no cost.
“More and more readers are consuming content across screens than ever before. We’re building experiences for the new cross-screen reality and helping millions of publishers make their content discoverable, wherever their readers are,” said Joe Hyrkin, CEO of Issuu. “We’re excited to launch this new experience on the Windows platform.”
Issuu’s overarching mobile strategy is to develop native mobile apps that deliver the highest quality reading and discovery experience across each of the major mobile platforms. This ensures that Issuu delivers publisher content within the highest quality reading experience and that readers retain access to their favorite content, as well as the new magazines they discover through Issuu.
“With over 1.5 billion smartphones and tablets being sold this year alone, millions of publishers are relying on Issuu to connect them to the readers most passionate about their content globally,” Hyrkin ended.