Wiley’s Evolution Journal evolves into universal app by adding iPhone support
The recently released Newsstand app for Wiley Publishing’s Evolution Journal has received an update on Friday that adds in support for the iPhone and iPod touch.
Like many scientific journals, Evolution Journal is not an inexpensive buy, costing $299.99 per year to subscribe. But the app comes with some nice features including Early View for the latest articles, article downloading for offline reading, etc.
Here is the new information on the app:
What’s New in Version 1.0.2123
– Added iPhone/iPod Touch support in this new Universal version
– Subtle design changes to match iOS 7 visual style
– Registration “wizard” provides improved access instructions for existing subscribers
– Table rendering for wide tables has been improved
– Article abstracts are now hidden by default in article lists. You can turn this back on in the app settings
– Article info “hinting” indicates when figures, references, and supporting information are available for the current article (icons appear “lit” or “dim”)