Starbucks releases updated iPhone app, adding tipping, shake to pay, rewards levels
The update to Starbucks’ iPhone app that adds tipping has been released. The much publicized update allows customers to add a tip to their purchases in even amounts.
The update to version 3.0 also adds ‘shake to pay’ which allows a user to shake their iPhone to bring up the barcode page.
The release of the app update may have been delayed by issues Apple has been having with iTunesConnect, the website developers use to manage their apps. The site has been down since 8pm ET last night.
Here is the ‘what’s new” info:
What’s New in Version 3.0
• Digital Tipping (U.S. company-operated stores): You’re welcome to tip your barista up two hours after your purchase. You’ll receive a push notification after each eligible transaction.
• Dashboard: See your rewards level, available rewards, inbox messages and most recent transactions.
• Shake-to-Pay: For added convenience, simply shake your device to show the barcode to pay at the register.
• Share Rewards Milestones: Reached Gold Level? Spread the word on Facebook and Twitter.
• Integrated History: View your entire account history—including purchases made, Stars earned and rewards redeemed—in a single feed.