NYT updates iPhone app to make push notifications more useful
The New York Times today issued an update to its NYTimes app for the iPhone that tackles one of the most annoying things about the app – tapping on a push notification did not take the reader to the story the notification was informing you about. Now it does, thank you.
One can assume (we hope) that the next update for the iPad app will do the same.
Here is the full information on what is new in the update:
What’s New in Version 4.0.8
• Breaking News notifications now link to developing stories.
• App refresh now includes a progress indicator.
• Fullscreen enhancements for videos and slide shows.
• Improved section front layouts.
• Improved Home Delivery account activation.