Oyster update iOS app to add new features including ‘Explore’ tab
eBook subscription service describes update as being about “design, personalization, and community”
The unlimited access eBook subscription service, Oyster, has updated its universal iOS app. The update brings the app up to version 1.3 and adds new social and personalization features.
The Oyster app is a reader app, meaning that it will not work unless you are already a subscriber. To become one, you must visit the Oyster website. The price is $9.95 per month and gives the reader unlimited access to eBooks. The service is limited to the web and iOS and only serves the U.S. market for now.
Here is the “what’s new” info:
What’s New in Version 1.3
This release is all about design, personalization, and community.
◇ Features ◇
· A brand new “Explore” tab to browse our library by genre and discover the perfect book.
· New Home design has more prominent and beautiful Spotlight features.
· Follow Facebook friends when you sign in for the first time.
· Remove books from your Recent Books list.
· Access your Reading List from Home.
· See which other Oyster users have read, rated, or saved a book when viewing its details.
· Refined visual design, color, and typography throughout.