Aquafadas releases version 3.2 of the company’s digital publishing system
Thirty new features and improvements in latest version to be found in Aquafadas’ digital publishing solution
Montpellier, France – February 5, 2014 — Aquafadas, innovative developer of digital publishing solutions, has just released version 3.2 of its Digital Publishing System. The upgraded version of the award-winning technology offers publishers a smoother and more interactive user experience with over 30 new features and improvements throughout the system.
“2014 marks an exciting year for Aquafadas,” comments Claudia Zimmer, CEO, Aquafadas. “We have accomplished so much in the past 12 months, including the release of brand new technology for the Kobo Magazine Store and a new tool for automatic conversion, Cloud Authoring. Today, more than eight million end users read a publication created with Aquafadas’ tools. This update to version 3.2 signifies the next level in digital publishing, opening up the creative possibilities and giving our customers the tools to advance their digital creations even further. With thousands of improvements made in just one year, we look forward to what we will achieve this year.”
New for AVE Formatted Digital Documents
Content creators using Aquafadas technology to publish books, magazines and more in an app can now benefit from exciting new features in version 3.2, including three brand new games. Publishers can also add interaction between online and static content. Brand new features include:
- Three new games: Dot-to-Dot, Hide and Seek, and Spot the Difference (premium enrichments at $139)
- Link it up: Connect HTML (online) and AVE content (static); actions launched in the web version are automatically reflected in the app version
- New actions for “Read Aloud” including easy-to-use play and stop buttons unleash possibilities for style
- Insert a PDF into a sub layout
New for ePUB Files
For publishers distributing books on an eBook store, Aquafadas has improved the end results for improved reading experiences. Readers will enjoy region magnification and re-engineered Smart Reading. Brand new features in ePUB file export include:
- Region Magnification: a standard feature for ePUB, add region magnification, which allows readers to double-click on text in a fixed layout ePUB to make the text appear larger. Also compatible with iBookstore.
- Re-engineered Smart Reading: Aquafadas’ Digital Publishing System 3.2 features a completely new interface to create Guided Reading; publishers can easily link text frames, ensuring a proper flow of text when creating ePUB reflow.
- Japanese Content Specifications: New vertical export in Fixed Layout and more.
New Improvements in the Digital Publishing System User Interface
- Change Your Mind: All the features of the Aquafadas InDesign plugin can now be controlled with Undo/Redo buttons.
- Get Organized: New feature for creating project folders.
- Making it Easier: Improvements include embedded fonts, list of assets, warning before deletion, comprehensible export window and more.
- Learn as You Go: Easier access to tutorials for premium enrichments.
New Improvements for AppFactory
- Need a boost? Enhanced rendering for AVE-PDF on iOS and Android; display content faster and smoother.
- All for Android: New enrichments and improvements, account creation interface and much more.
- What’s More: improvements for iOS reader.
Improve All the Tools!
- All You Need is One App: manage all your digital publishing tools with Aquafadas Connect.
- Keep it Tidy: A drop-down menu is concealable yet easily accessible from your toolbar.
- Stay in the Know: Keep apps up to date and freshly updated, access tutorial videos and view the latest promotions from Aquafadas.