Barnes & Noble to sell NOOK Simple Touch for $39 on Black Friday
With NOOK sales declining, B&N to push hard to sell NOOKs this holiday season
NEW YORK, NY – November 27, 2013 — Barnes & Noble, Inc., one of the nation’s largest booksellers and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, today announced the best Black Friday deals on the season’s hottest reading and entertainment products, including unbelievable Black Friday weekend specials on NOOK Simple Touch and NOOK HD tablet. These exclusive NOOK offers are available online at bn.com/nook starting Thursday, November 28, and in Barnes & Noble’s nearly 700 stores nationwide starting on Black Friday, November 29, through Sunday, December 1, while supplies last. With these never-before-seen NOOK offers, now is the perfect time to get great values on the must-have gifts for everyone in the family this holiday season.
- NOOK Simple Touch Available for Only $39: The top-rated NOOK Simple Touch eReader will be available for just $39, our lowest price ever, making it a must-have deal this holiday season for anyone who loves to read, with access to more than 3 million books in the NOOK Store®.
- Lowest Prices Ever for NOOK HD Tablet: The highly acclaimed NOOK HD tablet will be available starting at just $79, combining the best of reading and entertainment with apps, interactive books, access to the Google Play store, the best in movies and TV shows and more.
- Biggest Deals on the Best NOOK Books: NOOK customers will also enjoy the biggest deals on the best NOOK Books with at least 50 percent off savings on hundreds of bestselling NOOK Books like John Grisham’s Sycamore Row, Sheryl Sandberg’s Lean In, E L James’ Fifty Shades of Grey series, Cheryl Strayed’s Wild, Walter Issacson’s Steve Jobs, and many more. The biggest deals on the best books are available at www.bn.com/biggestdealsbestnookbooks starting Black Friday, November 29, through January 13.
- “Treat Yourself” with Great NOOK Books Under $2.99: Starting November 29, customers can take advantage of hot NOOK Books for only $2.99. Popular titles include Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich, The Cider House Rules by John Irving, Crewel by Gennifer Albin, and many more. This special promotion on the best NOOK Books at unbeatable prices continues in the NOOK Store through December 31.
- NOOK Accessories: The stylish and functional Industriell cover for NOOK Simple Touch and NOOK Simple Touch® GlowLight® is available for just $10 through December 2. Customers can also enjoy a 25% discount on NOOK HD accessories and essentials including covers, the Power Kit for NOOK HD and NOOK HD+, and Screen Film Kits for NOOK HD. These great deals on NOOK accessories are available in stores and online through December 1.
- Exclusive Offer with Download of Free NOOK Reading App™: First-time NOOK customers who download any Free NOOK Reading App will receive a free NOOK Book, Twas the Night Before Christmas, along with a selection of exciting sample content and magazine titles.
In addition to these great deals, customers can take advantage of many other exciting Barnes & Noble Black Friday specials, which start online at www.bn.com/blackfriday on Thursday, November 28, and in stores Friday, November 29, including:
- The Best Educational Toys & Games: Customers who visit any Barnes & Noble store or BN.com during Black Friday weekend can get an incredible “buy one get one 50 percent off” deal on any educational toy or game.* This amazing offer on the best educational toys and games is available in stores through Sunday, December 1, and online through Monday, December 2.
*Excludes Lego Mindstorms EV3 and LeapFrog LeapPad Ultra Kids’ Learning Tablet. Other exclusions apply online. Visit www.bn.com/toys for more details.
- Boxed Sets Featuring Bestsellers, Cookbooks, and More: Shoppers can enjoy 50 percent off select boxed sets of popular bestselling series like Game of Thrones, Fifty Shades of Grey, and inspirational titles from Annie Lamott. Also available at 50 percent off is an exclusive Ender’s Game boxed set, and a set of cookbooks from the Pioneer Woman. These exciting offers end December 2.
- Bestselling and Classic Books: Customers can get 50 percent off select popular fiction, nonfiction, cookbooks and gift book titles, including Giada De Laurentiis’ Giada’s Feel Good Food, Behind the Scenes at Downton Abbey, Guinness World Records 2014, Sports Illustrated Baseball’s Greatest, Humans of New York and more. In addition, all Barnes & Noble Collectible Editions are available in a “buy one get one for only $10” offer. These exceptional book offers are available through December 2 in stores and online.
- Kids & Teens Books: Shoppers can get 50 percent off select titles in stores and online, including The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey, James Patterson’s bestselling Middle School Series, The LEGO Ideas Book, and more. These incredible offers on the hottest books for kids and teens are available through December 2 in stores and online.
- DVD & Blu-ray Titles: Customers can get up to 50 percent off a selection of more than 1,000 DVD and Blu-ray bestsellers and new releases in stores and online through December 2. Key titles include House of Cards, Star Trek Into Darkness, Skyfall, Despicable Me, and many more.
- Home and Gift: Shoppers can save 30% off Barnes & Noble’s entire new line of exclusive limited-edition, 100% cotton throws including “Bah Humbug” featuring lines from A Christmas Carol. In addition, customers can enjoy an incredible “buy two get one free” offer on all Moleskine products. Both offers are available in stores and online through December 2.
- Special Gift Card Offer: Any customer who purchases $75 in Barnes & Noble Gift Cards will get a free $10 Barnes & Noble Gift Card. This special offer ends Monday, December 2.
*Free $10 promotional Barnes & Noble Gift Card can be redeemed starting December 26.
Additional Black Friday offers available to customers through Monday, December 2, include:
- Lap Desks: Get 30% off Smart Media Lap Desks and Brookstone Comfort Lap Desks.
- Boxed Calendars: Get 50 percent off select boxed calendars in stores and online.
Customers can also experience the newly announced NOOK GlowLight™, Barnes & Noble’s lightest eReader yet, at bn.com/nook or the NOOK Digital Shops™ and displays in any of Barnes & Noble’s nearly 700 bookstores nationwide. NOOK GlowLight features a fresh, contemporary design, sharper text, perfectly lit pages and instant access to Barnes & Noble’s massive selection of more than 3 million titles. Perfect for anyone who wants a pure, distraction-free reading experience, Barnes & Noble’s new NOOK GlowLight is ad-free and available at a great value of just $119. Barnes & Noble Members can save an additional 10 percent on the new NOOK GlowLight with their Membership cards through December 31. Barnes & Noble offers Always Free NOOK Support in all of its neighborhood bookstores, with more than 40,000 booksellers across the country ready to assist customers with setting up their NOOK devices or choosing their next great read.
For more information, visit www.bn.com/blackfriday.