Cox Contour app comes to Android
Last quarter, Cox customer views of content online and on mobile devices more than doubled those seen in the prior year
ATLANTA, GA – November 22, 2013 — Today, Cox Communications introduced Contour to Android users, specifically for Google’s Nexus and Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 2, Tab 3 and Note tablets.
Introduced to iPad users in August, Cox’s Contour application connects its customers to the content they love by integrating personal recommendations into an intuitive new programming guide, which can be accessed at home or on-the-go with the app interface. It complements the set-top box Contour Guide on TV and the only DVR in the country that can record any six shows simultaneously.
“We are excited to expand this personalized TV experience through Contour to a greater audience,” said Len Barlik, Executive Vice President and Chief Product Officer. “Having TV content accessible on a second screen truly enhances and personalizes the TV experience. Android users are now able to use the interface to discover content, set DVR recordings as well as start viewing shows on their device and switch over to TV with just a touch.”
Last quarter, Cox customer views of content online and on mobile devices more than doubled those seen in the prior year. In a recent study, Cox found that more than half of its customer households watch some streamed video on some type of smartphone or tablet device, with nearly 20 percent on an Android device.
Contour provides a video experience that is uniquely relevant to individual consumers, personally shaping to their interests and preferences. Users are able to create a personal playlist with their favorite programming that they can access whenever they want.
Contour app features:
- A second screen personal video experience with the ability to watch live or on-demand content with a simple, intuitive swipe
- Access to over 100 national cable channels of live TV
- More than 6,000 video on demand selections
Contour guide features:
- An advanced user guide that recognizes up to 8 unique user profiles recommending different shows for each user
- Offers personal recommendations based on specific shows each person watches and likes
Record 6 DVR features:
- Ability to record any 6 shows at once
- 2 terabytes of storage with capacity to store up to 300 hours HD shows and 1,000 hours SD shows
- Whole Home DVR capability so recorded shows can be watched on any TV in the home