Quark releases new version of App Studio, optimized for iOS 7
The updated version of App Studio represents a ground-up redesign that embraces the simplicity, elegance and user experience principles embodied by iOS 7
Denver, Colo. – November 21, 2013 — Today Quark Software announced a new, updated App StudioTM for individuals and companies creating apps for iOS devices including the iPad Air, new iPad mini, iPhone 5S and 5C. App Studio is the leading digital publishing software that uses HTML5 to transform InDesign and QuarkXPress® layouts into interactive mobile and Web apps. Magazine and journal publishers, corporate marketers and agencies use App Studio to streamline the creation of digital apps that keep customers engaged. App Studio can also automate the production of digital publications with XML.
The updated version of App Studio represents a ground-up redesign that embraces the simplicity, elegance and user experience principles embodied by iOS 7. The result is much more than changing colors and transparency. It is grounded in eight years of mobile user experience best practices that enable users to understand digital context, guided by intuitive navigation and visual language. App Studio customers can look forward to the following new features in App Studio:
- Native apps with a re-imagined user experience optimized for iOS 7
- New Store Page design with customizable banners and more opportunity for promoted content
- One touch issue previews
- Sliding ‘Hamburger’ menu for quick access to app features, such as table of contents, bookmarks and notes
- New full-screen experience that allows readers to preview pages before clicking for full view
- Control over the color theme used throughout an app with theming feature
- Simplified bookmarking and note taking including full screen editing
- Integration with iOS 7 native sharing capabilities including copy, print and social media options for Facebook, Twitter and email
- Ability to configure subscriber login options and location
“We’ve distilled the App Studio experience into a more ordered and intuitive design that leverages all the great benefits of iOS 7 in terms of animations, transparency and visual language,” said Shaun Barriball, Vice President of Mobile Products, Quark Software Inc. “App Studio is now an even more flexible and elegant solution for the creation of iPad and iPhone apps that keep readers returning issue after issue.”
Existing App Studio users can update their apps to the latest version for free within the App Studio Portal.
To find out more about the updates to App Studio visit www.AppStudio.net.