Bauer Publishing launches new celebrity weekly magazine, Closer
New title on newsstands in NYC in time for Halloween, nationwide on November 1
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., Oct. 30, 2013 — Get closer to the stars you love with new celebrity weekly Closer.
Bauer Publishing, the No. 1 seller of magazines at retail in the country, today unveils the much-anticipated debut of Closer Weekly, a celebrity and lifestyle weekly magazine created for the underserved demographic of women age 40-plus.
Merging the feel-good nature of celebrity with lifestyle content, Closer features stars with long and illustrious careers in an uplifting and positive way while providing a concise, sophisticated take on the home, fashion, beauty and diet information that its readers desire.
The magazine debuts on newsstands in New York today, Oct. 30, and nationwide on Friday, Nov. 1. Two million copies of the first issue will be distributed nationwide at a price of 25 cents and follow with a newsstand price of $3.99.
“I couldn’t be more excited to introduce Closer into America’s homes,” Editor-in-Chief of Closer Annabel Vered said. “Our mission is simple: to reconnect our readers with the stars that they grew up with and love by celebrating them. Closer will offer an inside look into the lives of our beloved stars – past and present – sharing their inspiring tales and uplifting news. We hope you enjoy.”
IN THE DEBUT ISSUE OF CLOSER:
- Cover feature: an exclusive interview with beloved star Valerie Harper and her latest stunning health update
- An at-home photo shoot with Lynda Carter
- No-holds-barred Q&A with Suzanne Somers
- Rare photos of John F. Kennedy and Jackie as newlyweds
- Love updates on our favorite couples from Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell to Trisha Yearwood and Garth Brooks
- Recipes from Giada De Laurentiis’ new book Giada’s Feel Good Food
- And more!
SECTIONS FEATURED IN EVERY ISSUE OF CLOSER:
- Picture Perfect: the front-of-the-book section featuring the best photos of the week
- Closer to Home: brings readers into their favorite stars’ homes
- Heart to Heart: long-form Q&A interviews on our beloved celebrities
- Best Day of My Life: Closer’s favorite stars share the moments that changed them forever
- My Life in 10 Pictures: a look at the personal and professional highlights of a star’s life
- Love Notes: romantic news on star couples and how they’ve kept the spark alive
- Generation Wow!: stars who shine on the red carpet
- Best Friends: stars and their favorite four-legged pals
- And more!
Launching simultaneously with the magazine is Closer’s website, www.CloserWeekly.com; twitter, @CloserWeekly; and Facebook page www.facebook.com/CloserWeekly. Closer’s online assets will act as a complement to the magazine, offering the demographic of 40-plus women breaking news and features on the stars they care about, an online community to interact and talk about the issues that are important to them and provide added-value content that enhances the stories they experience in the magazine.
Publisher of Closer Marc Richards said: “The premier issue has attracted many major advertisers, including ABC, CW and E-One Entertainment. They’re seeking to leverage Closer’s anticipated weekly success reaching the celebrated generation of 40-plus women, a group that accounts for the majority of women’s annual $4 trillion consumer expenditure, from travel, health and beauty to fashion, entertainment, diet and automotive. And critically, it is a generation that came of age during the celebrity entertainment category explosion of the late ’90s and is now settled and looking to reconnect with the stars they grew up with.”