NOOK Media says it making the NOOK Simple Touch GlowLight available for just £49
It looks like NOOK Media has some product it needs to be get rid of prior to the beginning of the Christmas shopping season. It said today that it would start selling the NOOK Simple Touch GlowLight for £49.
Here is the press release:
Top-Rated NOOK Simple Touch® GlowLight® Now an Amazing Value at £49
First Under-£50 eReader with GlowLight Technology Makes the Perfect Present
LONDON–NOOK Media LLC, a subsidiary of Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS), the world’s largest bookseller and leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, is making the critically acclaimed NOOK Simple Touch GlowLight available for just £49, while stocks last, making it the only eReader with integrated lighting in the UK under £50. It will be available at this amazing new price starting today at leading retailers across the UK, ready for Christmas.
“No other eReader in the UK anywhere near this price has an integrated light, sits comfortably and lightly in the hand and has a battery that will last up to two months,” said Jim Hilt, Managing Director, Barnes & Noble S.à.r.l. “It’s an unbeatable value for one of our best-loved and most highly acclaimed products, making now the perfect time to choose an eReader for yourself or for your favourite reader as an early Christmas present.”
NOOK Simple Touch GlowLight is the ideal reading companion for beach or late-night reading. Barnes & Noble’s innovative lighting technology shines uniformly across the display and adjusts with just a touch, so customers can control the amount of light, whether in a dimly lit or pitch dark room.
NOOK Simple Touch GlowLight, as well as the critically acclaimed NOOK® HD and NOOK® HD+ tablets, are available at major UK retailers including Argos, ASDA, Blackwell’s, Foyles, Currys and PC World, John Lewis, Sainsbury’s and Very, both in stores and online.
NOOK now has the most affordable line of eReaders and tablets in the UK. Customers can purchase the 7-inch NOOK HD for just £79 (8GB) and £99 (16GB), while the 9-inch NOOK HD+ tablet is available for just £129 (16GB) and £149 (32GB). For more information visit NOOK.co.uk.
Additional NOOK Simple Touch GlowLight Features:
- Shop 2.5 Million Books and More: NOOK wirelessly connects via Wi-Fi to the NOOK Store® (NOOK.co.uk), one of the world’s largest digital bookstores with more than 2.5 million digital books, including more than 1 million free titles. As well as top-selling UK eBooks, new releases, classics, favourite UK newspapers and magazines, the NOOK Store also offers a large collection of titles from independent publishers and self-publishing authors through the NOOK Press™ programme.
- Light, Compact and Portable: Its easy-to-hold, contoured design and soft-touch back make it comfortable to read for extended periods of time. The durable and lightweight device is compact enough to fit in a jacket, pocket, handbag or backpack and is lighter than a paperback, at less than 200g.
- Long-Lasting Battery Life: NOOK Simple Touch GlowLight is optimised for extra-long battery life, enabling customers to read over one month on a single charge with the light on, or over two months with GlowLight off.*
- Easy-to-Use, Responsive Touchscreen: Its intuitive touchscreen allows customers to look up words, highlight passages, adjust the font and search.
A Personalised Experience: Customers can make the NOOK experience their own, and can choose from several font sizes and styles to customise their favourite reads. NOOK eReaders can be personalised with pre-loaded screensavers or personal photos, as well as a selection of colourful, high-quality accessories to suit every style. For more information on any of NOOK’s innovative products and devices, including the Free NOOK Reading Apps™ for iOS and Android devices, or to shop the more than 2.5 million titles available in the NOOK Store, visit NOOK.co.uk.
* Battery tests based on a half hour of daily reading time with Wi-Fi® off and with GlowLight on at the default brightness setting.