The Huffington Post launches new universal iOS app, warns users of older iPad that it will soon be discontinued
The Huffington Post today launched a new stand-alone, universal iOS app, called simply The Huffington Post. At the same time, the AOL owned web property also updated Huffington Post for iPad, warning users that the app would be available for a short time more as the HuffPost migrates readers to the new universal app.
The new universal app is actually the old iPhone app updated to add iPad support – so the app version is listed as Version 4.1.
What’s New in Version 4.1
– Now available as a universal app for iPhone and iPad.
– Automatically save your favorite sections for reading offline.
– Sync your bookmarked articles between of your iOS devices through iCloud.
– Adjust the color scheme of the screen for night mode reading.
– Share your favorite articles, photos, videos and more with Facebook, Twitter and G+.
– See more stories in compact mode on the section fronts.
– Experience the full user interface and content in Japanese!