New Mag+ contest offers cash awards for designing books, publications with Mag+
The digital publishing solutions company Mag+ is conducting another contest, this one called ‘magnify your world’ (get it?).
The contest will award prizes of between $1,000 and $5,000 in the following categories:
- BEST IN SHOW $5,000:-Chosen by a jury from the 7 categories below.
- BOOKS $1,000: any type of book for the general public
- BROCHURES & CATALOGUES $1,000: created for corporate use including brochures, annual reports, catalogues, media kits
- COMIC BOOKS $1,000: graphic novels, comic books
- EDITORIAL $1,000: magazines, newsletters, newspapers, blogs, online magazines
- MUSIC & MOVIE $1,000: bands, filmmakers, DJs, theatres, venues, albums, documentaries
- SELF-PROMOTION $1,000: promotion of services, experience or portfolio for students, designers, photographers, writers, PR/ad/interactive/design firms, law firms, etc.
- PEOPLE’S CHOICE $1,000: (Note: NOT NECESSARY TO WIN): Social category where the winner will be chosen through public voting.
The contest will accept entries through June 1 with winners announced on June 20.
The company also said that there will be a monthly prize, as well. The “Employee Pick of the Month” winner will receive an iPad and will be featured in a video on the company’s website.
Mag+ ran a contest last year that saw Natasha Mead from New Zealand win for her entry MILK, a fashion magazine for the iPad.